Monday 2 July 2012

Music

I LOVE Music. Its everything to me.
I listen to and appreciate all genres of music. Im more of a lyrics kind of girl as opposed to a beat girl. By that I mean, Im not into what the song really sounds like but more about the meaning of the song and lyrics. A lot of my favorite songs are my favorites because I can either:
a) relate to them very well
b) I appreciate the meaning of it even though I cant quite relate to it. It must be very strong.

 I appreciate singer and song writers because they write their own songs and it comes from their own personal experiences, theres always a story and a lot of emotion behind their own songs. One of my favorite Singer and Song-Writers is Tracy Chapman.

I also believe that you can tell a lot about a person by what music they listen to. But maybe its just me...

Here are some of my favorite songs, and you'll notice how they differ in terms of genre.

This Womans Work- Maxwell
Karma Police- Radiohead
Fast Car-Tracy Chapman
If Not Now- Tracy Chapman
Crash Into Me- Dave Matthews Band
With or Without You- U2
Closer To My Dreams-Goapele
No Greater Love- Blu
Enchantment- Corrine Bailey Rae
Beautiful- IMX
You're The Inspirtation- Chicago
Gravity- John Mayer
Stop This Train- John Mayer
I Don't Trust Myself- John Mayer
Sideways- Citizen Cope
Dead Presidents 3- Jay-Z
The Light- Common
No Ordinary Love- Sade
Go- Common
Look After You- The Fray
Over My Head- The Fray
Message In A Bottle- The Police ft. Sting - Also love John Mayers cover on it
Candy Rain- Soul For Real
Warning Sign- Coldplay
Trouble-Coldplay
The Hardest Part- Coldplay
Fix You- Coldplay
The Scientist- Coldplay
Twisted- Keith Sweat
Angel- Jack Johnson
Better Together- Jack Johnson
Iris- Goo Goo Dolls
Wonderful Tonight- Eric Clapton
California Dreaming- The Mamas and Papas
Hotel California- The Eagles
Californication- Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Water Runs Dry- Boys II Men
On Bended Knee- Boys II Men
Close To You- Maxi Priest
He Say, She Say- Lupe Fiasco
You vs Them- Jhene Aiko
Electric Relaxation- Tribe Called Quest
The Girl- City and Color
Allure- Jayz
Hey Jude- The Beatles
If I Ruled The World- Nas Lauryn Hill
Imagine- John Lennon
Always- Bon Jovi
Jazzy Belle- Outkast
Do For Love- Tupac
Unconditional Love- Tupac
Kryptonite- 3 Doors Down
Losing My Religion- REM
Maybe Im Amazed- Paul McCartney
More Than Words-Exreme
You Got Me- The Roots
River Of Dreams- Billy Joel
Shes Always A Woman To Me- Billy Joel
When You Love Someone- Bryan Adams
Slippin'-DMX
Video Games- Lana Del Ray
The Way You Do The Things You Do- UB40
Champagne Supernova- Oasis

...And I LOVE OLDIES!

No comments:

Post a Comment