Sunday 8 July 2012

One Touch




This post is going to be a little different. If you read my previous posts about the guy I was in love with (Rob) then this may be of interest to you.

I'm blogging about (this) and other little experiences because they are still fresh in my head and I don't want to forget about them.

So this happened back in July of 2009. Me and Rob had been broken up for almost six months and were now meeting on our anniversary to watch fireworks. I drove to a city about an hour and 20 minutes away from where I live to finally meet him. At the time, Rob was working in a different city and was living there too.

I remember being nervous driving there... I didn't know what to expect. I knew our feelings for each other were deep because we had expressed to each other how much we cared and missed each other from being apart. I had not touched him, smelt him or been close to him in over six months but yet I still remembered unerringly how he smelt, exactly how every inch of his body felt and how my body reacted to his sweet, soft voice.

I was still madly in love with Rob at this point... I could not wait to see him!! I knew that unlike our two previous encounters, this one would be different.

Eventually I got to my destination and parked outside of a Taco Bell parking lot. Rob messaged me and said he would be on his way. I was wearing black jeans, a black tank and a black cardigan. I also had my mustard yellow purse with me that day. Looking back, I wondered why I wore all black on such a hot day.

I waited uncomplainingly until I saw Rob's car pull up beside mine. Oh my god...This is real. I was so nervous but I wouldn't let it show. I got out of my car, locked it and walked into Rob's car. We gave each other this clever smile we always gave each other when we knew what we were getting into. He commented on my bag and how ugly the colour was... I just laughed and changed the topic to something else.

Long story short-- We parked at a location and started to talk and watch the fireworks. The fireworks went on for a while but not once did we touch each other. Not even a hand on my leg or my hand on his shoulder. None. Zippo. After the fireworks, he drove us to a remote location where there was a pond and trees. I believe we were actually on someone's property; it looked like a farm house.

We talked, talked, and talked. (By the way- I could never get sick of talking to Rob or listening to his stories).We put on the radio and "Come on get higher" by Matt Nathanson came on... the words were telling our story while we sat in silence and listened.....

"I miss the sound of your voice
And I miss the rush of your skin
And I miss the still of the silence
As you breathe out and I breathe in"

It was just so ironic and I think we both felt it.. He leaned in a bit closer and for the first time in six months... We collided. Our bodies touched. And what happened was the most remarkable feeling I have ever, ever felt. I actually felt like we were two pieces of wax with heat between us and we just melted. Whether he felt it or not, I'm not sure. It was just too physically powerful for me to ignore. Essentially, I melted in his arms. I wasn't feeling things that were not happening... It was such an amazing feeling that words do no justice. The chemistry between us was just so strong and it was all just so perfect. I didn't have any butterflies... Nor was I nervous. It’s like my body was craving him and it was finally just so happy to be near him. I didn't understand it... But I just chopped it up to "love".

I don't know if anyone even reads this blog... But I would like to know if anyone else has ever experienced this before too? I know I can't be the only one.






1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you felt because Taylor (My Husband) and I had a simular story and I felt that melting feeling only with him. Its great that you have blogged about it so you dont forget. Unfortunatley, I have been married for 22 years and have by now forgot. (laughs)

    ReplyDelete